Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Keep Calm and Watch the Coalition

I've been in a study mode, mostly listening to others and reading.  It's been good.

In an biography of President Calvin Coolidge by Amity Shales I came across this quote that is often attributed to Coolidge, but is not really his:
"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not, unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not, the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination are omnipotent."
I'll be starting an coalition building project that I'm very excited about.  I expect to take heat from those on the right and especially those on the left. I expect some will try to hijack this coalition and many will try to destroy it.

I believe I'm ready to facilitate this organization and the payoff will be a benefit for the City of Milwaukee and the State of Wisconsin.

No comments: