Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Who Am I Politically

I've been thinking about that for quite a while.  Being comparatively new to politics I've often backed away from from being put in a political box by anyone. Instead I've been trying to define myself to me.

You see to some I'm a rhino, a neo-conservative, a tea partier, a no caring Republican and so many other labels.

I'm a Saved by Grace Bible Believing Follower of Jesus Christ Back to Basics Frederick Douglass Movement Republican.

So let me break this down.  First and foremost I'm a sinner who will stand on my understanding of the Bible before any party platform, meme or press release.  If that means that I stand alone on a position of Christian conviction I will. I'll gladly suffer the consequences of standing on a serious interpretation of the Bible over the folly of man.

Lately I've been studying the roots of the Republican Party and it sure seems to me like we've strayed from our original intent.  Not as far as some would have us believe, but far enough to make a difference.

We are a party with a great tradition of looking out for the equal rights of every individual, fighting to "hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness".

We need to embrace those simple truths.

I've been recently introduced to the Frederick Douglass Republican Movement and I'm on board with my whole political being.

Do you agree with these:
  1. Respect for the Constitution
  2. Respect for Life
  3. Limited Government
  4. Personal Responsibility
If so, you could be joining me as a Back to the Basics Frederick Douglass Republican.

No comments: