Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Stamper Abstains from Abstention Viewpoint

Being a bit busy I only had the chance to watch the afternoon session of my monthly fav TV show, the Milwaukee Common Council's Licensing Committee.  It was a fairly uneventful afternoon session, but one thing caught my attention.

Alderwoman Milele Coggs who was sitting next to new Alderman Russell Stamper abstained from a vote on an applicant for a Class D Operator's License.  Stamper's reaction - none, nada, silence.

As I stated last week when Stamper was a County Supervisor he sponsored a resolution that forced other Supervisors to give reasons for any voting abstentions.  I wondered what the new Alderman would do when confronted by an abstention in his new position.

It seems with his lack of a press release condemning the abstention he has spoken volumes concerning his true intentions as a County Supervisor - the move was strictly a political vendetta against my County Supervisor Deanna Alexander.

Eventually the fake and false outrage come to the forefront and the silence of enablers is deafening. Rainey & Romo-West are you listening - do you hear it.







No comments: