Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Kramer Quagmire

I've hesitated to comment on the Bill Kramer news of late, for a couple of reasons.  First of all Rep. Kramer and I have never gotten along and our last discussion didn't enhance our relationship.

Secondly, I'm not a fan of piling on personal problems of people.

I'm not saying I haven't broken that line in the past nor am I promising I won't in the future, it's just that it often makes me uncomfortable.  The more you get involved in any organization or issue the flaws are plentiful and obvious.  Another reason is I've not been perfect in the past nor do I expect my forthcoming travels to be unblemished.  I would hope, though don't expect, to be treated the same.

The Republicans did the right thing in removing Rep. Kramer from his leadership position. As to his future in the legislature, I believe it is up to him to make up his mind if he wants to run for re-election and for his constituents if they want him to represent them.
 
I am a bit troubled by some of the discussion surrounding the events and would have hoped that people, especially those who claim to be conservatives and Republicans would have exhibited a bit more wisdom.

Two sayings seem to apply here:
1 - those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones
2 - there by the Grace of God go I

To Rep. Kramer - get well.

No comments: