Sunday, July 7, 2013

Politcally Correct Madness

I'm not a fan of political correctness.  It's probably one of the reasons I react negatively to terms like dog whistles, hidden messages and the like. It's not that I believe they don't happen, but I'm not convinced that they happen as much as is reported.

So one day I'm in the blues music at section at work after reading Thomas Sowell: Political correctness undermines America and I'm thinking about the title and reading the names of the artists.  The irony of political correctness was starring me in the face and I thought that if PC would have been the norm in the past we wouldn't have these aptly named music artists.


Lazy Lester
Hot Shot Love
Brownie McGhee
Peg Leg Sam Jackson
Baby Tate
Pinetop Perkins
Eddie The Chief Clearwater
Slim Harpo
Howlin Wolf
Blind Lemon Jefferson
Leadbelly
Lightnin’ Hopkins
Little Walter
Big Mama Thornton
T-Bone Walker
Watermelon Slim
Sonny Boy Williamson
Hound Dog Taylor
Clarence Gatemouth Brown

People claim to want the truth, but often they want it served on their own terms in more ways then one.

No comments: