Thursday, August 2, 2012

I'll Take Thronton for 3

Milwaukee Public Schools Superintendent Gregory Thornton has had his contract extended for three additional years. I think this is great news for Milwaukee and MPS.

From the first time I saw Dr. Thornton speak I felt he was the right man at the right time to improve the long term viability of MPS.  He seems to have a solid relationship with School Board President Dr. Michael Bonds who I also think is good for MPS.

I hope they shake up MPS. With ACT 10 in their corner I expect to see some bold moves over the next couple of years and with 4 School Board members up for election in the spring of 2013 it's time for them to do what's best for the kids of MPS and not the union. I'll be keeping track of the votes by Larry Miller, Peter Blewett, David Voeltner and Annie Woodward to see where their priorities lie.

No comments: