Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Juneteenth 2012

Had an interesting evening today.  I represented the Milwaukee North Branch of the Republican Party of Milwaukee County at the mandatory Juneteenth Day vendor meeting. 

If you did a double take, you're not alone.  The festival coordinator did a double take also and mentioned that the Republicans have never taken a booth at the day long event.  She then proceeded to give us a booth assignment next to hers.  I'm sure it was more to protect us than to watch us.  Either way we had a heck of a laugh when I told her we did this to show people we aren't monsters.

Juneteenth Day is next Tuesday, June 19th.  It will be located on Martin Luther King Dr. between Burleigh & Center.  It runs from 9-6, we'll be there until 5pm.

I'm quite excited to see what reaction we'll receive and how we handle this.  Our goal is really very simple, we want to reach out to those who don't think exactly like us.  I'm thinking this is like Gov. Walker's beer & brat summit, but we'll be eating better food from the vendors there.

I'll be bringing my camera so I expect to have a few fun pictures next week.  If you're in the area stop by.

3 comments:

Wonder Woman said...

I hope you are well recieved with open mindsvand wilking spirits! Time for a truce.
Peace,
WW

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping all will be pleasantly surprised.. offering information and your pleasant personality may put some angst to rest, and maybe sway some folks, besides having an outlet for black conservatives to have a chat... they're out there!

yoSAMite said...

I'm sure we will represent ourselves well. Our goal is to listen, not preach. We are always looking for conservatives to run for office.