Friday, June 3, 2011

Radio Haze

When I have an option I usually listen to WMCS, 1290am on the radio dial.  The reason is that I understand the conservative viewpoint and I'm trying like heck to give the liberal point of view a chance.

This last couple of weeks I've been giving the conservative stations, WTMJ and WISN, a bit longer listen.  I've come to two conclusions.

WISN is loud.

WTMJ seems to have to adopted a new "twitter" format.  Very short segments of information separated by short commercial breaks.  I'm not a big fan of this formating choice.  It seems that by time the hosts lay out their premise it's time for a break and good phone exchanges are cut short.  It seems to be a very choppy flow of the radio show.

I still don't agree with most of the viewpoints expressed on WMCS. I find myself either giggling at the wrong information (successful propaganda of the left leaning) and the absurd conclusions listeners voice or yelling at the radio.

Either way I'm glad we have choices here in Milwaukee and that the shows are locally produced.

No comments: