Saturday, May 28, 2011

Good for MPS

The Milwaukee School Board extended the contract of Superintendent Gregory Thornton for two more years and that's a good thing. I do believe that both Dr.Michael Bonds and Dr. Thornton are the right people at the right time to make the right changes at MPS.

I don't agree with everything that's going on right now and some of their stands, but I also think they are more pragmatic than what I've seen and heard from MPS management in the past. It would be wise to allow them to truly think out of the box and give them the opportunity to make MPS the best possible school system they can.

I hope to expand on this in the near future with some of my own out of the box ideas and views. As I've said before, getting the school board to come along for the ride is the first step of any MPS transformation.

No comments: