Friday, December 3, 2010

Hoops

Spent the evening, actually the last 2 evenings, video taping high school basketball games.  My oldest grandson, Dominic, plays for Eastbrook academy, a school of 50 total kids.

The games so far are fun, winning both games certainly helps.  What is cool for me is that I'm grandpa.  It's very different from being a dad.  I can't explain the difference but virtually every grandparent I've talked to understands  and feels the difference.  It helps that I've played baseball and football in high school and college and watched my own son & daughter play grade school and high school sports.

Dominic is a good basketball player.  He wants to play at the next level.  He's determined and has improved his game tremendously in the last 2 years.  I can't wait to see what the next 2 bring for him.

I'm a homer and I love my grandson.  I wish him and the rest of the Eastbrook Academy basketball team the best.

No comments: