Thursday, September 9, 2010

Book Burning

Here's my take on the group from Florida burning the Quran, one I hasten to say I haven't seen anywhere else.

As a Christian, we're told to "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation." (Mark 16:15).  How in the heck do you do that if you act hatefully toward them?  Who will listen to and with an open heart hear the words of Eternal Life.  The question the Florida group needs to ask is what are your priorities?

I guess it comes to this " Preach the gospel always, If necessary use words." ~ St. Francis of Assisi.

2 comments:

MommaBlogger said...

That's one of my favorite quotes by Assisi. I had a 'discussion' with some people, a few of whom were priests, and even they were willing to argue over that point.

We can do more good in 5 minutes when our actions are right, especially when we keep our mouths shut, than some people who speak constantly can do their whole lifetime.

yoSAMite said...

That's right sister. I hope you and the rest of the family are doing well.