Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Take a Breath

I spent about 20 years of my life involved with the Christian music scene.  Not on a national level, but on a local level.  I worked at Christian radio stations, hosted a rock/rap radio show and a video request show, sponsored concerts and was the music buyer at a Christian bookstore.

It offered me that chance to gain an appreciation of all styles of music, but I think my favorite is the singer/songwriter/story teller type of music.  I guess it's because I don't have to strain to hear the words and the balance between the message and the melody is conducive to appreciation of the song.

One group I like is called Lost Dogs.  It's made up of Mike Roe: Lead Guitars, Vocals; Steve Hindalong: Percussion, Drums, Vocals; Terry Taylor: Guitars, Vocals; and Derri Daugherty: Guitars, Bass Guitars, Vocals.  They all played in various other successful Christian bands.


They played at this years Cornerstone Music Festival.  Never heard of Cornerstone?  It's sponsored by the Jesus People USA and it's a week long Jesus love fest.


Here's a link to a favorite song of mine Breathe Deep.

No comments: