Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Christmas Media



Deep down I really enjoy Christmas. It was my mom's time of year to shine. She loved this holiday and enjoyed saving all year long to give. And the old saying "if momma's happy, everyone's happy" was a reality in our household.

What doesn't get me going is most Christmas music. The major reason is that I work retail and hear it all day long. Same song different singer. By the end of the Christmas season my chestnuts are totally roasted. I do have to admit there are some renditions of songs that move my soul. Those I could listen to forever.

What I truly enjoy about Christmas are the movies. Being an optimist at heart, these feel good stories touch my inner heart. "It's a Wonderful Life" is my favorite, but the list goes on, from "White Christmas" to TV specials from "Touched by an Angel" to the classic remakes of Dickens "A Christmas Carol".

No one should be a Scrooge after this season of films, especially if you think about others more than yourself, which is the essence of Christmas.

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Nice post - thought maybe you'd be into hearing some new Christmas music. I wrote a song called George Bailey, a love song for Jimmy Stewart's character in It's A Wonderful Life. Would love for you to take a listen via my website below... thanks!

Carolyn Sills
http://carolynsills.com/Original_Music.html

yoSAMite said...

Hi Carolyn, thanks for coming by and I do like the George Baily song, sort of a home run. Continued success in your musical journey.